A Chocolate Dessert to Die For
Easy Chocolate Pots de Creme Recipe
Formulating the Sous Vide Chocolate Pot de Creme
Sous Vide Chocolate Pots de Creme
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 5 ounces 72% cacao chocolate
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat sous vide water to 158 degrees.
- Bring cream and milk to just a simmer in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat. Add chocolate, whisk until melted and smooth.
- Whisk yolks, sugar and salt in large bowl until blended.
- Gradually whisk in hot chocolate mixture until well-incorporated.
- Ladle into 4oz. mason jars - should fill 8 jars.
- Seal jars with lids, and lower into sous vide-heated water. Ensure all jars are fully submerged. Cook for 90 minutes.
- Remove jars from water bath and let cool 15-30 minutes on cooling rack. Serve (with or without topping) or store in refrigerator for future.
Pots de Crème Recipe Tips
Pot de Crème Toppings
Sous vide the Custard in Portion-size Jars
Rotate Stacked Jars
Let Loose Chocolate Custard Set in Refrigerator Before Serving